Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bloomers

I finished the bloomers I started last week. I'm happy with them, although the next pair I make will be from a more sophisticated (and complicated) pattern. I used this pattern to see if I could do it, and obviously I could. Since the front and back panels are identical, the front is a bit baggy and the back rides up. But they're cute.


(I took that picture with my phone, and I pulled on the white socks to hide that my legs are so pale, but they look kind of odd with the bloomers; I'll probably be barelegged when I do wear these, under a long skirt of course.)

I'm going to be focusing more on sewing in the next few months. My goal is a full steampunk outfit for Dragon*Con, and suddenly I realize I only have three months to complete it! The corset has to come first, partly because it'll take me forever and if I mess up I have to start over, partly because it'll determine the final fit of my other clothes. So within the next few weeks I'll start posting step by step how I make it.

But for now, I have a small victory: yes, I can sew bloomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment